1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm a "Who's Who" for College Faculty; I don't work at a college

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Central-KY-Kid, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

So I get the following in my e-mail today and it makes me wonder if the Who's Who people are really hurting for money that they randomly e-mail anybody and see if it sticks.

I haven't taken college classes since 2000 and have never worked for one.

Anyhoo ...

Who's Who in Collegiate Faculty

Dear Academic Professional,

It is my pleasure to inform you that you are ready to be reviewed for:

The original "Who's Who in Collegiate Faculty" (2010/2011 Edition)

The 2010/2011 Edition of the registry will include biographies of North America's most accomplished Educators and Staff from schools across North America. Recognition of this kind is an honor shared each year by our members from across the United States and Canada, and is often considered to be the single highest mark of achievement.

Accepted members will be allowed to market their publications to members and the public.

After confirmation of your acceptance, you will be listed with other professionals of equal caliber in the Who's Who in Collegiate Faculty registry. There is no cost to be included.

If you would like to be reviewed for our national publication and online registry, spend thirty seconds filling out your basic application here.

If you have any questions feel free to call our staff at 800-405-7090. Or please visit our site, http://whoswhoincollegiatefaculty.com/ - for additional information.

Regards,

Caroline Greenstein
    Editor-In-Chief
    North America Who's Who LLC
    210 East 58th Street
    New York, NY 10022

2. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

Who's Who is still in business? When you can find anyone on the Net? Go figure.

3. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I'll be dipped in yellow shit if you think I'm going to call you Professor...

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I've wondered about that Who's Who stuff .... they've contacted me several times over the past few years and I've just ignored it because, frankly, I don't know anyone who actually looks at it.

Is it actually something that could help you when it comes to networking or getting your name in front of important people or are they just trying to get people to give them money?

6. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Ayup.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Since it is free to put info in there, why not BS it? Mention climbing Everest or winning an Olympic medal.

Draft saved Draft deleted