1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm a student again

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

So the business college for which I toil has started me on the path to my marketing degree. My text materials for my introductory course arrived today. It's a big book with a lot of big words and not a lot of pictures.

I remember completely sucking as a student in high school and university. I procrastinated, farted around, didn't pay attention in class ... but I was still one of those annoying assholes who still managed to get good grades.

Now, if it's possible, I have an even shorter attention span ... 20 years later.

Ay me ... the journey begins.

2. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Good luck, Flasher. I tried going back last spring, and Calculus pwned me ... and I've only been out for three years.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You'd be amazed how easy it is if you go to class. [/finished my bachelor's in marketing at 30]

4. Flash

Flash Guest

Sadly, it's all independent study. Athabasca University is conducted entirely online.

5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Canada's University of Phoenix?

6. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

You'll do just fine. I know you will.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Yeah, maybe, but it's pretty highly regarded as far as online schools go. Courses transferable to major universities in Canada - and some in the US. I know a number of people who have taken courses through there - in one case a whole degree.

I went to community college when I was 27. Toughest thing I ever did. I hated high school and was a lazy student who did barely enough to get by. When I went back I had no choice but to work hard and when I did my homework and studied it was amazing how solid my marks were.

8. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I have seriously considered going back to school and finishing. Maybe in the spring.

Best to you, Flash. I admire anyone who goes back and gets more education.

You will do great.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

I have three assignments to complete and a final exam to write ... with four months to complete everything.

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Congrats on taking up the task!

For just $12, I can send someone by to help out...

11. Flash

Flash Guest

He does that, too?

12. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

If I tell him to, he does!

Draft saved Draft deleted