1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm a professional blogger now

Discussion in 'Online Journalism' started by RickStain, Mar 4, 2011.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I toyed around with a personal finance blog about a year ago and had some backing from a personal finance writer I know. I gave up after a few months, but I got my google adsense check in the mail this week. $28.

2. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Hookers and blow man....hookers and blow.

Be a winner with that tigerblood

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Step 1: Blog
    Step 2: ????
    Step 3: Profit

4. mrbio

mrbio Member

That's well done. Ive started two sites with adsense and it takes a while to generate bucks from it.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The best part of it is that you laid yourself off from the gig.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I do that a lot.

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I started a regional tech blog today on Blogspot. I'll aim for quick and dirty posts and see what I can rack up.

8. becart

becart New Member

Before you can start earning something off blogging, you will have to go a long way first. One of the misconceptions about blogging is that you will get visitors right away. Being published on the internet is no guarantee though that could be a potential you can tap. What you have to do is get consistent visitors and good content. That way, you can attract the marketing people to publish products using your blog. And now, you can get something from it.

Draft saved Draft deleted