1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm a platypus, are you?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Last week, somebody said I was a platypus, because I've got all these different parts that sound like they wouldn't work together yet somehow do for me.

For example, I hunt and fish, listen to jam bands, grow organic veggies, wear tie-dye and shop at Brooks Brothers. Basically, I'm a hippie-redneck-preppie.

That got me to thinking. Surely everybody has these odd combinations?

So, please, tell me I'm not the only one with such disparate facets to life.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

There are some really cruel jokes to be made here, but I will step aside and let others do the work.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'm kinda like that. A sensitive, caring single dad who knows how to cook but can't clean, couldn't fix a car to save his life but can recite long stretches of dialogue from The Simpsons, enjoys being married and hates dating.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Everybody is like this. We all bristle at being pinned into a box.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I only have two styles of dressing.

Dressed up and Kevin Federline.

If I go out at night, it's dress shoes, nice jeans, pressed shirt, etc.

But if it's a ball game, or running to the gas station it's super baggy basketball shorts, a cut off tee shirt, backwards hat and old sandals.

My friends always joke that my closet has more cut-off shirts than a biker bar.

There is no in between for me.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

That's not true. Some people very much fit the stereotype of a certain group; that's why those stereotypes exist. Unfortunately for Inky, he's part of three really lame ones. :D

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Well, let me rephrase.

Everybody *thinks* they are like this.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You and pallister should compare methods of sleeve removal.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Gladly.

1. Lay the shirt out flat.
    2. Fold the shirt in half from left to right so both sleeves match up.
    3.Cut diagnolly (sp) from the top cutting off more shirt as you go down. (Make sure to leave about 2 inches of fabric on the shoulder.
    4. Go back and snip the edges so it's a clean cut and doesn't look like your sleeve had been eaten by a bear.
    5. Put on exposing super white arms.
    6. Couple with backwards hat to complete the white-trash, Eric Devendorf, look

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Not bad, except referencing Devendorf was uncalled for. Can't stand that guy. Also, I'm too old to wear my hat backwards.

11. Damn, where were you when I was in college?
    Every shirt I cut made me look like I'd taken shrapnel in the upper body.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

The only thing I find strange on Inky's list is the Brooks Brothers thing. Everything else matches him up to the men in my neck of the woods.

Draft saved Draft deleted