1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm a PC (on drugs)!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

WTF is up with the latest of these commercials, in which they use videos uploaded to their site? Are they trying for that rural, crystal meth crowd? At one point, bearded dude who appears to be about six tokes into his night announces the nonsequitor "I love to barbecue!" in a sing-song, drugged-out voice. He's followed by the proginy of some unholy union of Cosmo Kramer and Reverend Jim who stammers out "I eat pancakes."

Just... WTF?!?!?

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Yeah. WTF is right.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The original couple of those were great --- much more effective response to Apple's "I'm a Mac" ads than Seinfeld was. The homebrew ones, not so much.

4. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

I thought this thread was going to be about the "Dude you're gettin' a Dell" kid getting busted with pot again.

5. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Abysmal.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

It seems insecure to me. No matter what innovative ad campaign they throw up, from 1984 to I'm a smarmy asshole Mac/I'm a fat functional PC, their share of the computer market is pretty minimal. Does Windows really have to respond that hard when they're going to dominate the market, even if their next OS is Windows Programmed By Retarded Rhesus Monkeys On Absinthe And PCP?

Apple should have gone the I'm a trendy awesome iPod/I'm a stupid ugly nobody wants me Zune route.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I would buy anything programmed with the help of absinthe and PCP

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'd cut out the middle man and go straight for the absinthe.

9. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Well, if you're not hitting that PCP...

Draft saved Draft deleted