1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm a fan of -- gasp! -- a reality show

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SF_Express, Dec 15, 2006.

1. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Amen.

Top Chef rules!

I was kinda disappointed that Betty didn't outlast Marcel, but Betty just wasn't that good.

Soup and salad, people. Hell, I could've gotten that far on soup and salad.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

My pick is Sam and Elia in the final two.

And Michael is a dark horse for the final four. He's been playing possum.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

So far, so good. Michael bit it today, but they pretty much all sucked one. I would have canned Marcel on the basis of that sorry ass rooftop poetry slam of his. That cat's WEIRD.

5. I like Michael. He has this everyman quality... mainly cause most of his food seems like stuff I could make.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Bump for UT...

Marcel still sucks my nuts. And, frankly, I think that Three_Bags or myself could do better than some of the fucks on this show.

If you can't bang out 24 covers of a three-course menu in an hour with four hours of prep, you can't hack the line at your neighborhood sports bar, let alone a designation as "Top Chef."

7. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Aww, thanks Zeke. I realize not linking this thread is THE height of laziness, but you bailed me out.

I still haven't seen this week's TC (I'm iTunesing them since I have no TV), but I'm happy Michael is gone. He had some moments, but he was out-classed.

Now, if we could just get rid of Marcel, who is more irritating and less entertaining than his counterpart from S1.

8. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Oh how I miss this show!

9. audreyld

audreyld Guest

So I caught up last night.

I gotta say, I kinda like Marcel. I wanna shave his head, but I like him.

I'm calling it for Elia.

10. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I think there's going to be some Marcel backlash that keeps him around at least until Hawaii.

I think the judges think he's being treated unfairly by the others, just because of his personality, and this will lead them to lead toward keeping him when the call is close.

I'm really curious as to what "you won't recognize them" or whatever Chef said and what the surprised looks are about.

11. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Totally wondering what that teaser meant.

I think Cliff may prove himself to be unable to stand the heat in later rounds.

Of course, Elia's probably going to be next to go, because I'm kind of like a curse on reality show contestants.

12. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I think she's cute. Strange voice, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted