1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm a fan of -- gasp! -- a reality show

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SF_Express, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

And their desperate push to make Hung an Asian Marcel got even sadder this week, with that dramatic flourish in the music as he said his pommes dauphin got too heavy because he didn't get any help plating, or whatever he said. He didn't get help, it's a legitimate point to bring up if there's an issue with the dish, so why this post-production attempt to make him look like he's throwing his fellow competitors under the bus? Between this and the not helping CJ last week, they're really reaching.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Yeah, the "Massive Dick" edit is falling very short.

Especially because all the other chefs all but admit that Hung is the best cook and the most you can get out of them is that he's trying to win.

You know they wanted to keep Howie around for as long as possible for the dick factor, but the problem they ran into (again and again and again) was that he couldn't fucking cook.

3. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

Hung should win. And I think Sara should have made the Final Four over Dale -- Dale not only had a horrible dish, but he forgot to put the sauce on the plate. I think they chose Dale because he was more likeable/popular.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Honestly, I thought the judges liked Sara, but you can't put out undercooked chicken and expect to move on.

Undercooked fish, hell, undercooked beef, that can be viewed as a minor misstep.

Undercooked chicken can kill someone. You gotta be tossed for that.

5. Mira

Mira Member

Interesting Q&A with Dale from the Chicago Trib ...

http://chicago.metromix.com/restaurants/article/dishing-with-dale/209079/content

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Casey annoys me more than anyone. Her plucky "I can't believe that I'm so good" attitude is beyond fake.

I'm still shocked that Tre is gone. My guess is that Casey is probably the favorite, with Hung a close second. Then a decent gap to the other two.

7. Mira

Mira Member

I agree, Web, but wouldn't it be cool to see Dale pull out an upset?

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

So Brian got turfed, which actually surprised me because it sounded like they were most down on Casey's dish. That smoked tomato butter saved her ass. Hung rarely misfires, so now I'm with him on the finale.

And for the love of everything, would they PLEASE stop saying "I'm in this to win it" in all its variations? No shit you're trying to win. That's kind of the point of appearing on a show called Top Chef.

9. Mira

Mira Member

What do you think of the three-person finale?

You've got to give Dale props, he kicked booty. Casey seems to have the edge, but Dale put himself in a good spot. He's just more laid back compared to Hung and Casey. It could work to his advantage in the long run.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

"I don't know much about cowboys. I've slept with a few, but that's about it."

-- Dale.

This is why I'm rooting for him. Because that line is AWESOME.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I heart Dale.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

That line officially brought me onto the Dale train!

Let's go, Gay-Guy-With-A-Receding-Mohawk!

Draft saved Draft deleted