1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm a Democrat who likes Hillary less each day

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DemoChristian, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Mahoney

Mahoney Member

Fenian is correct that the GOP must not control the White House next term. John Paul Stevens can not live forever. As such, I would vote for HRC still even though I despise the idea of her as the nominee. She has done immense damage to both her and Bill's legacies with her past two months, and I don't think they can ever really get it back together.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Bill's legacy already existed, but now more people have come to the conclusion that his legacy is not that great.

3. Two reasons -- first, my state doesn't allow write-ins. Second, that would be a wasted vote anyway and I would rather help a Dem get the White House than to throw my vote away and essential help McCain (who I think is a good person but a bad nominee).

4. What state "doesn't allow" write-ins?
    Never heard of that.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I think several states refuse to count them.

6. Really?
    That sucks.
    Explains why Donald Duck never wins any electoral votes,too.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

That should be illegal. If Obama doesn't get the nomination, you will see a write-in campaign the likes this country has never seen before.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

He should run as an independent.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

Can't, that'd screw him the rest of his political career.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

That's fine with me.

11. o_t,
    That was as fine a combination as you've ever thrown.

12. digger

digger New Member

Not a big OT fan, but I have to agree.

Yawnni also makes OT look like William F. Buckley, so he's got that going for him. (See that? Supporting Obama does get everyone to forgot their differences.).

And back on topic, I'll vote for Obama, I won't vote for Hillary, no matter what. If she's the nominee, I'll weigh my options. But she'll probably have ruined politics for me by what she has done so far.

Draft saved Draft deleted