1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Illness for Maura Tierney delays "Parenthood" filming

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by imjustagirl, Jul 11, 2009.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Wish her the best.

That movie is one of my all-time parenting movies.

2. It was on WGN the other night. Love that movie.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Jason Robards, Steve Martin and Dianne Wiest are simply superb, and Keanu Reaves is pretty good, which is better than he has ever been anywhere else.

4. (Bump)
    Lauren Graham (of the Gilmore Girls) has stepped in for Maura Tierney, who has been diagnosed with breast cancer.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've heard bad things about the show - namely that Tierney was the only good thing in it. NBC has had some bad luck lately. Letterman's affair, Tierney's illness forcing NBC to move Mercy up to fall giving NBC two of seven scripted hours a week focused on medical dramas, weakening both.

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Letterman is on CBS, but you probably just had a brain fart.

7. DanOregon

I was Letterman's affair swamping Conan in the ratings. He was already beating him, but the affair only increased the attention Late Night was getting at the expense of Tonight.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

He probably meant that it boosted interest in Letterman's show and weakened Conan. (Edit: Well, Dan beat me to it)

Love, Love, LOVE Lauren Graham in anything and she is on my top five list of all-time hotties, but as Dan alludes to, this show sounds hexed. I was hoping she'd end up on Scrubs, as was rumored in the summer.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I read something on the re-vamped Scrubs where they were having all kinds of problems with cast members leaving for other jobs. It's sounds like it will be historically awful.

That said, I'll bet Neil Flynn will be available in a few weeks.

10. DanOregon

As for Parenthood being hexed - this was also the show that had an NBC production exec die on the set during the filming of the pilot.

11. McPoyle

McPoyle Guest

No, he won't. The Middle was picked up for a full season, I believe.

Draft saved Draft deleted