1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'll try this again and why on earth isn't it worth discussing?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, May 9, 2011.

1. printdust

printdust New Member

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/america-middle-class-crisis-sobering-facts-141947274.html

It gets locked or disappears...

This isn't a blue/red but a government thing and therefore should offend both liberals and conservatives....at least those not in leadership in DC where most of which make decisions unable to relate to the problems of common people.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The paste industry is apparently doing booming biz

3. printdust

printdust New Member

Explain. Or are you a politician?

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Economy threads are not generally locked unless people make them more political than they need to be.

5. printdust

printdust New Member

I guess I made it political. I attacked EVERYONE in Washington.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Discussing the middle class and the global economy is like Bob Knight and rape. The middle class is told that it is inevitable, so they should lie down and enjoy it.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

A surprising percentage of Americans from a wide swath of incomes considers themselves "middle class." So the polling is flawed from jump.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I'll take "Threads that won't end well for 200, Alex."

9. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

The reason this isn't being discussed is simple: Those who have the first-hand knowledge are working a second (or third) job and don't have time to discuss it.

10. Crash

Crash Active Member

Simple: Americans allow themselves to get screwed by rich people because we all believe we're going to be rich one day. American Dream, and so on and so forth.

Also, because we vote for people based on who has the most yard signs, or the best commercials, or the prettiest hair, or who we might like to have a drink with, or who we'd play a round of golf with, etc etc etc. In short, our democracy is entrusted to the people, a majority of whom don't give two shits enough to actually know anything about it.

11. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

The fundamental flaw of democracy. Widespread apathy.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Nobody in Washington appears very motivated to do anything for the middle class.

However one group seems to be going to every length to benefit somebody ELSE on the socioeconomic ladder.

Draft saved Draft deleted