1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'll Take Fat Man, You Take Skinny

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

We'll see... I don't think she's running either...

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Sacrilege! Two mediums and one of each of the others. It's a clear choice.

I was a fan of the goaltender-less overtime, myself.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

"Get the hell...off of my ass..."

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

He seems relieved in the presser.

5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Is there anyone left to beg for the Republican side?

6. Mizzougrad96

I can't remember why Mitch Daniels opted out. The only reason I even thought of him was because he was pimping his book on The Daily Show a couple weeks ago.

I don't Barbour or Jindal jumping in.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Daniels? Family. You get the impression that marriage isn't 99 44/100% stable.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Just like Hil in '04 . . .

Don't want to gamble on '12 . . . but see what the boys in the back room will have in '16.

9. Mizzougrad96

Barring something big happening, I think it's going to be Romney in a rout (in the primaries, not the general...)

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

This now becomes a minuet. Romney has the edge for the nom, because he's the favorite of the country-club wing
    of the party by default, and he's made fewer stupid moves in public than Perry has. If Perry can keep generating
    the money to hold a hand at the table, he's got the more impassioned base, can force Romney to keep spending money, and the early primary schedule (sans Florida) does not favor Romney. It's obvious Pawlenty's been playing his cards
    to be VP on a Romney ticket, and wouldn't be at all surprised if that came to pass. It shouldn't be Perry . . . he's
    not Romney's style, at all.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The problem with Perry is that while he looks the part and says the right things, his record doesn't fit with his "conservative base champion" status.

12. Mizzougrad96

Romney would be insane to pick Pawlenty. I have no idea who he'd pick, but unless he has a 10-point lead in the polls, it won't be Pawlenty.

Draft saved Draft deleted