1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'll Take Fat Man, You Take Skinny

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I thought this was going to be about nuclear weapons.

2. J Staley

J Staley Member

I agree with you that there are people clamoring for a politician with balls, which they somehow assign to Christie from his antics. He seems thin-skinned, emotionally reckless and abrasive for the sake of being abrasive. But, to some people, that's "balls."

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think he has the potential to be just what this country needs right now.

Then again, I think people thought that about Obama in 2008.

I don't expect any president to be a miracle worker. I think Christie would be night and day better than anyone in the field right now. The fact that they seem to be begging him at this point tells us all how unexcited everyone is about Romney and Perry.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Scratch the whole field. It's Mittens versus the rest of the party and the party knows it.

The sad thing is, Mitt gives the GOP its best shot to beat the Mooslim Kenyan and they hate that.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

That is my take away as well. Romney and Perry have not captured the fancy of Republican masses.

Christie would be a dream for the cable shows.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

7. Mizzougrad96

Do people think he'll enter the race?

I read one story and I'm sure he's about to enter and then I read the next and I'm sure he's not.

I think if you forced me to guess, I would say, I don't think he will run, but I have no idea...

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

He will run - and win - in 2016.

9. Mizzougrad96

So Mittens will be a one-term president? :D

10. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

It would come down to Christie's VP choice. Think Christie would live out a four-year term?

11. Mizzougrad96

I think there's a bit of that. I think it was that way with Perry a few months ago... That said, I think Christie offers a hell of a lot more than Perry does.

It's interesting... I think Christie is pretty moderate on social issues yet the TEA Party loves him. I think if he jumped in the race, he's definitely more moderate than any of the frontrunners.

12. Mizzougrad96

C'mon, I mean seriously?

He's fat. But let's stop acting like he's the mom in Gilbert Grape.

Draft saved Draft deleted