1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'll take baseball over the NFL any day.... when it comes to choosing all-stars

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Dec 18, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Because people don't like him? Still think he's arrogant and still want to punish him?

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Which explains why Ray Lewis made it again, I guess?

I honestly don't give a shit, but I was pretty surprised, because Winslow has put up big numbers.

3. chester

chester Member

Actually, I would say the fans' vote didn't factor in this much (according to the NFL rules, it is actually only 1/3 of the formula). Take Eric Steinbach ... he had the seventh-highest total of ALL AFC players, but didn't get selected.

4. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

FAAAAAANNNNNNNNBOIIIIIIIIIII...LLOOOOOOOOSSSSSSEEEEEEEERRRRRRRR........

5. Re: I'll take baseball over the NFL any day.... when it comes to choosing all-st

I haven't looked at the list of names yet. I've been challenging myself to try and figure out which 11 guys Dallas got on there. 11? The best I could come up with for certain was 6 or 7. My guess:

QB: Romo - has to be
    FB: Nah
    RB: Barber - has to be
    WR: Owens - has to be
    TE: Whitten - has to be
    OL: Gurode, probably.
    OL: Leonard Davis?
    DL: ??
    LB: Ware
    CB: Newman?
    CB:
    S: Roy Williams didn't make it, thank goodness, from what I've read on here. Which makes guessin even harder. So I suppose Hamlin did but I've never been much impressed by him.
    K: Folk - has to be
    P: I don't know who this is.

Still, that's only 10.

There had to be better CBs and safetys in the league than anything Dallas has ... good thing for them the Eagles secondary had a crappy year beset by injuries.

Edit to add: Didn't think about Hotel Flozell at left tackle. He probably deserves it more than Leonard Davis. Weird to see them both make it.

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I guess you could raise a question as to whether or not Sean Taylor belongs on the list, too.

Sure, he was having a great season before he was tragically killed, but he didn't play the entire season and obviously can't play in the game.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be on the team, just bringing it up to see how others feel. Is this the best way to give him a final honor?

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Most of these guys are way past their primes.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Re: I'll take baseball over the NFL any day.... when it comes to choosing all-st

That's funny. I don't recall Jeff Feagles changing his name to Andy Lee.

The roster is a complete joke, if only because Feagles was snubbed.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Most of these guys never had a prime.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

This guy here is dead.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I have no problem with it at all. Classes up what is in reality a joke of a game.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Well, cross him off, then.

Draft saved Draft deleted