1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'll send an SOS to the world

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by the fop, Jan 4, 2007.

1. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I still have to see Rumble Fish. Now maybe I can be properly motivated.

Let's hope The Police do put an end to that saying, BYH. And, hell, why not Journey, too?

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Saw them on the "Ghost in the Machine" and "Synchronicity" tours - Synchronicity had Berlin, Thompson Twins and The Fixx opening. I was a big fan then, but I don't think the music's aged well. I may be in the minority there.

Funny to realize the Police performed the original version of "Roxanne" for only 7 or 8 years, but Sting's been playing his shitty lounge version for 20+ years now.

3. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

The Synchronicity tour concert I saw was my first rock concert. (Perhaps second, can't remember if I saw them before or after Billy Idol that summer.) I'd pay to go back and see them. I still like their music, although I'm turning into the stereotypical old geezer: "How can the kids listen to that?!? Where's The Police when you need them?"

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I'm a huge fan. Saw the first Police Picnic - a huge festival of new wave bands they headlined - in Oakville, Ontario (I believe our erstwhile colleague Mr. Friend O' the Friendless was there too) and I saw them headline on the Amnesty International tour stop at Giants Stadium (which, I believe, is the last gig they ever played in North America). They blew U2 - an unreal live band in those days - off the stage.

My fave Police songs: "Born In the 50s" and "So Lonely".

5. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Wow, the Fixx. Haven't thought of them in a while. Must've been cool concerts.

Ha ha. I swear, Sting has like 50 fucking versions of every song he's ever done.

Wow, blew U2 off the stage, that is impressive, DAMN impressive. Bono and the boys were nuts back then. That's awesome.

6. Editude

Editude Active Member

The Editudes will start saving money for ducats.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I don't know, I think it's aged quite well actually. But then, I grew up with the Police so maybe I'm not someone who ought to make that judgment.

8. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Yeah, Sting's Lute career apparently didn't take off. Stewart was on Opie and Anthony a while back and he laffed his arse off about Sting's career-ending lute swing. Not a surprise Sting is willing to get back into the 20th century.

Hearing Message in a bottle sung in 16th century english dialect while playing the lute is worth a red light enema. Talk about King of Pain.

9. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Now, let's get Dilford and Tillbrook back together and end my life's musical journey at age 32. This is wonderful news.

Any chance they'll do "Low Life"?

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Will they sing MOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Wrong band. Whatever happened to Greg Kihn, anyway? :D

12. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I don't think it's the two of them that are the problem. They seeeeeeeeem to be on good terms. It's the rest of the crew. Jools Holland, Paul Karrick...I'm pretty sure Jools is the one who put the kibash on the Bands Reunited show. Dilford and Tilbrook were all in.

Draft saved Draft deleted