1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'll send an SOS to the world

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by the fop, Jan 4, 2007.

1. the fop

the fop Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070103/en_nm/police_dc

Had to miss the Synchronicity tour and always hoped they'd reunite. But I thought Sting had gotten too full of himself over the years for it to happen.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I did NOT miss Synchronicity. Saw them in OKC at the Myriad. (UB40 opened.)

Seeing what the Stones, Skynyrd, the Who (even with 2 members dead) and every other old band are raking in, the Police would be stupid businessmen NOT to reunite.

3. RokSki

RokSki New Member

F Yeah! I, too, missed Synchronicity on tour. Police are my second favorite band of all time (U2). Great stuff. Thanks for posting this, fop.

4. the fop

the fop Member

Happy to help. Hope it comes off. I saw Sting say recently that he's grown bored with rock music. But hell, they were good at it. Stewart Copeland one of my favorite drummers of all time.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I like The Police as well. But it's all about the Benjamins.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Certainly a top 10 favorite of mine ... nice to see Stewart Copeland a little more willing. When The Police disbanded, Copeland and Mr. Sumner weren't on the best of terms.

An all-time favorite lyrical excerpt ...

"There's a king on a throne with his eyes torn out
    There's a blind man looking for a shadow of doubt
    There's a rich man sleeping on a golden bed
    There's a skeleton choking on a crust of bread"

The Police
    "King of Pain"
    "Synchronicity"

7. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Ah, great memories. Love that song, Sam Mills. :)

Yeah, it is all about the Benjamins, but for the fans, it'll be worth it. I saw Sting in concert like 2 years ago, and he's still in great shape and can still go and work a show.

And totally agree, Copeland is one of the best drummers I've ever heard, as well as an accomplished composer (arranger?). I'm stoked about this.

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Will Sting play the lute?

9. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Did he do that? I didn't even know that? I hope he does, then.

10. Franklin

Franklin Member

"and every so-called meeting with his so-called superior is humiliating kick in the crotch."

they don't write 'em like that any more.

11. RokSki

RokSki New Member

"many miles away . . . "

No, they sure don't, Franklin. :)

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Stewart Copeland provided an awesome score to the incredibly underrated Rumble Fish. Really good stuff.

If this comes off, one of my standard sayings will be rendered irrelevant: Everyone gets back together...except The Police.

Oh wait! And Journey. Everyone gets back together...except the REAL Journey.

Draft saved Draft deleted