1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'll be 35 tomorrow ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by pallister, Jan 23, 2007.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

Ya, expensive is not my thing, so that would be a change of pace. But stupid and frivolous is nothing new for me.

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I'll second whoever said to get cable TV. Also, take a nice, long, halfway across the country drive. ;)

3. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Four here, bitch! :)

Oh, and probably six at the most right now.

Beat you twice!

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Earn it. [/captainmiller]

Seriously, if you want to train for a marathon, the Team in Training program is a good one. I know a few people who have done it and it benefits the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. They give you training and you have people to train with, and you try ask people to sponsor you, with proceeds benefitting cancer research. Pretty good deal all around.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Run for president.

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Don't run for president. I'd be torn whether to vote for a friend, or vote for a democrat. :D

7. pallister

pallister Guest

Would a Democrat give you free run of the Lincoln bedroom?

Oops, bad comparison.

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I'd vote for you Pallister. After careful consideration, I'd just need assurance to be your chief-of-staff. That way I could control your every move without you realizing it. People would believe you're a lefty. :D

9. pallister

pallister Guest

I am working on a hippie (playoff) beard.

10. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Been there (35), done that and I'm working my way to the big 4-0 (in a few years). Enjoy 35.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

If nothing else, this thread is causing me to feel like a looser if I don't start training for a marathon. Great.

12. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

You oughta give it a shot. Not only is it "rewarding" and "fulfilling" and all those other cliches you'll here, but the actual physical and mental experience of training for one and then hitting miles 22-26 is something no human being should leave this life without experiencing. You'll never feel more alive.

Draft saved Draft deleted