1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

IJAG's worst nightmare, or Why Is There A Gutted Toad In My Pepsi?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by imjustagirl, Sep 3, 2009.

1. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I'm calling "scam" on this one. I'm not buying Coke or Pepsi not having something in place in their production facilities that makes this virtually impossible.

2. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

That was my first thought, just like the "finger" in the french fries at wherever (Wendy's?).

Scam.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It seems like a decent percentage of these stories wind up being bullshit.

That whole finger found in Wendy's Chili story comes to mind.

That's why I'm glad I drink Mountain Dew. All of the caffeine and sugar in there would have broken the toad completely down and I would have never noticed. :D

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Well, the finger you could drop in yourself. How do you plan on getting a whole frog into a can of Pepsi?

5. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

You could fill an empty Pepsi can with water and drop a baby frog (tadpole?) in and feed it while it gets bigger. Then after it grows, dump out the water and fill it Pepsi. Contact a lawyer and voila! Millions.

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

It's like building a ship in a bottle. You drop the toad pieces in, then piece them back together.

7. imjustagirl

But you have to gut it too!

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

And to think I was a little upset that a 2-liter I bought yesterday had an April 20, 2009 expiration date.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Agree, yet this can coming from a Sam's Club makes it sound more credible.

10. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Hey, hey now, what's wrong with Sam's Club? I've always wanted to buy a 50-pack of tighty whities in a warehouse.

11. imjustagirl

I actually need to join one of them there warehouse clubs. Sam's Club or Costco? Costco has better cakes and a to-die-for chicken caesar salad. Sam's Club... well, it's Sam's Club.

12. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted