1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

IJAG hearts the "Paris Hilton of TV news"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Trouser_Buddah, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Holy smokes!!!!!! Someone told me he/is gay and I just took his word for it. Oh wow. I'm stunned.
    Wait, I'm relieved. No, I'm still in love with him.
    Thanks IJAG!

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Maybe that person was just basing that on his character on Oz.

3. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Maybe? Not sure. Don't care. He's still HOT!

Oh, and so is Anderson Cooper.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

http://www.planetout.com/entertainment/starstruck/feature/?sernum=213

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I realize I'm coming in about 2 months late to this part of the discussion, but give fox News its due on one count -- it can do very, very well on breaking news. It's coverage of Hurricane Katrina was far better than any other networks, and the reporters on the scene were far more willing to criticize the Bush Administration than anyone else I saw reporting there. Shepard Smith in particular reamed the administration for what he was seeing (or more specifically, what he wasn't seeing, as he brought a satellite truck into areas that were allegedly unreachable by emergency responders).

It also gave viewers the bizarre opportunity to see Bill O'Reilly telling Shepard Smith that Shep had no idea what was really going on... while Shep was in New Orleans and O'Reilly was in New York City.

Yes, Fox is slanted and its commentators are frequently buffoons. I rarely watch it, and I generally think MSNBC is the class of the news network field. (And CNN has sold its soul so badly it saddens me to watch it.) But on breaking news Fox can do as well or better than anyone.

6. The only reason ever to watch Fox.

http://www.girlsoffoxnews.com/

ie. Newbie Courtney Friel:
    [​IMG]

7. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I see BYH in the background....guess his 8 seconds were up....

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Extremely well-done. :D

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

WAY too big of a blast there, pardner.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Actually, looking at that OUT list... If those are the most powerful gays in America, why the hell are the evangelicals so scared of gays? They either have no power, or the really powerful ones are so far in the back of the closet that even OUT can't credibly out them.

11. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Interesting note: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/r_m/index.html

Hicklin confirmed that, upon the advice of counsel, the magazine nixed the idea of putting pop star Clay Aiken on the cover or the list, though he's still mentioned in the article.

12. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

[​IMG]

"Who me? Gay?"

Draft saved Draft deleted