1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

IJAG has a new fave movie in her future

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bad Guy Zero, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

http://pollstar.com/blogs/news/archive/2009/09/14/688863.aspx

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Wait. Manilow has fans?!?!

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

[​IMG]

Freelance Hack and I are camping out starting tomorrow for tickets.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

They can rip on Barry all they want, but his 2 a.m. Paradise Cafe disc is one outstanding jazz CD. Lots of heavy hitters on it and truly great performances.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yes, it is. I prefer Two Nights Live, just because it reminds me of the show I saw. Also, because he's AMAZING!

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

One of the better parts of Joe Queenan's "Red Lobster, White Trash and the Blue Lagoon," the book in which he lowers himself into the barrel to shoot the fish in it, comes when he sees Barry Manilow at Radio City. He's ready to rip Manilow and the crowd of "Debbies" (his imagined name for the largely suburban mom crowd) for liking such cheese. But Queenan comes around because Manilow is a trouper: he genuine loves to play, loves his audience, and loves to play the same songs over and over year after year to make that audience happy. Generally, a guy comfortable in his own skin (no plastic surgery pun intended).

Draft saved Draft deleted