1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

IJAG and I will definently see this movie, only for different reasons

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Also starring Kirsten Dunst as Ann-Margaret, Christopher McDonald as Pete Rozelle, Matthew McConaughey as Don Maynard, and Nick Nolte (in a jowl suit) as Weeb Ewbank.

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Ought to be an interesting flick, even if Namath is the single most overrated athlete ever.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Solid cast.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Don't forget about Babe Ruth.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I hope they accurately capture his Night Of 100 Stars II appearance or his guest shot on ALF (God I love imdb) or that he continually called the Indianapolis Colts the Baltimore Colts long after the team moved during his decidedly awful NBC analyst days.

6. I like the notion of a "jowl suit."

7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Umm, no, not even remotely close.

Nobody can deny Ruth's stats or his rings. But have you ever taken a close look at Namath's career numbers? It's startling how bad they are for a guy with such a mythology built around him. Yeah, he had that Super Bowl and about 4 really good seasons in the late 60s, but then sucked for all the rest-(a horrendous Int/TD ratio), and so did most of his teams.

But the movie should be good.

8. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

You're beautiful!

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I would rather see a 67-year-old Ann-Margret play herself than . . . Kirsten Dunst :p.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I refuse to use the blue font. Everyone will catch on to my blatant sarcasm someday. It has to happen sooner or later.

11. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Hopefully, Jake gets to do some of the game scenes himself - it would be nice to see him pitching instead of catching.

12. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

She's perfect for the role. I never thought of her...

Draft saved Draft deleted