1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

IIHF 2012 World Juniors

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gehrig, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Real nail-biter on now with the USA and Czechs tied 2-2 after two. Czechs killing themselves with penalties, they are the better team at even strength. Czech goalie Petr Mrazek has been the best player on either team. USA hit by injuries to Forbert and Coyle, if the game goes to OT Canada gets a bye to the semis. Lot on the line in the next 20.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Goddamn scheduling. What is the excuse now?

3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

How is the Czech goalie NOT player of the game? ???

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Czechs win 5-2 on an empty-netter, Mrazek brilliant in the win, stops 52 shots including a third-period penalty shot and almost scores into the empty net. Yanks were the heels in front of a large pro-Czech crowd.

USA never looked into it, didn't play with much urgency in this game or against Finland where they were outworked at both ends of the ice. Looks like tomorrow's much-anticipated game against Canada won't mean much.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I have seen plenty of Mrazek with the Ottawa 67's. Fine goalie, no doubt, but never in a million years did I think he was capable of a performance like this. Never seemed rattled - especially in this game when they were shorthanded all the time and chaos reigned frequently, but even against Canada, whereas Jack Campbell didn't look good at all.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

In that case, this tourney never existed as far as USA Hockey is concerned.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Somebody forgot to tell the Czechs and Finns that they were also-rans compared to the Americans. ;D

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

We had to rank three choices for MVP in the OHL playoffs last season and he was my No. 2 choice. He was right in the middle of everything for Mississauga.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Nice. That asshole will be even more insufferable than ever. At least we don't have to deal with him in Owen Sound any more.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Happy New Year. May someone not piss in your corn flakes the way they did in the last 36 hours... jeebus...

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

.....36 hours? What am I missing, here?

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Get ready for two GREAT rivalries in the semis this afternoon and tonight.

Sweden vs Finland followed by Canada and Russia

Wedgewood is starting in net for Canada.

Draft saved Draft deleted