1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

IHOP, here I come

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DyePack, Jun 12, 2006.

1. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

I shit you all not: An ex-girlfriend of mine liked to eat in Waffle House. ... when she was SOBER.

Worst experience of my life.

I mean, SOBER! Why would anyone ever do that?

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

DyePack,

I like IHOP too. Really, all breakfast places are pretty much the same, but IHOP has really well-designed menus with big pictures.

That's what really draws me in as an eater.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Waffle House is greatness after an all-day (forget night) drunk. They used to have a $3.99 AYCE deal between 3-9 p.m. Scattered, smothered, covered, you name it. Anything off the grill. I spent many a Sunday evening at the Awful Waffle.

Shoney's was great (esp. their Sunday brunch), but they went tits-up in my area circa 1998. Cracker Barrel blows goats, but maybe I ordered the wrong item. I ate lunch at a Perkins in Kissimmee a few months ago — it was alright. Not good not bad, just alright.

IHOP .... It should be a weekly ritual during football season. You'll get so many scoops there on Friday nights after games. I loves me some IHOP.

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Nice try, but I rarely open the menu. I either get the breakfast special or whatever their version of the Grand Slam is called.

There's very little visual appeal involved (although last night's waitress was an exception).

The meal was OK. The bacon was more crisp than I would like, but the rest was good, other than the mandatory hair in the hash browns. I never know if it's mine or theirs. Last night's was more the color of the cook's hair, so I think it was his.

5. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

I love me some rooty tooty fresh and fruity.  8)

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I wish we had Bob Evans up here too. Same with Stuckeys.

Don't mind a Grand Slam at Denny's on occasion, up here anyway. I was at a Denny's in Memphis last summer (in the hotel across from AutoZone Park) and couldn't find anywhere to eat other than the smoking and chain smoking sections. Fucking awful....

7. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

I believe Denny's is mentioned in the Geneva Conventions.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

IHOP, here I come

And this is why DyePack is no longer welcome at IHOP.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

OK, I want to go get a late lunch.

Pick me out a place.

10. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Mystery Meat tries to fight back but fails miserably.

11. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Boston Market.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Don't have 'em.

Next?

Draft saved Draft deleted