1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

IGNORE BUTTON!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by beefncheddar, May 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe

joe Active Member

Yeah, it's fun while it's new. And so were the mind-reading berries that Gilligan found on the island. As was the video phone in "Infinite Jest."
    But if you ignore everybody you don't like, or know exactly what everyone thinks, or see every flaw and imperfection ... well, where's the mystery?
    I'll take my threads straight up, no chaser.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Hmmm ... I'm being ignored by one person. I wonder who it is.

3. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

I was going to take a shot and say Stoob, but he was last active at 5:32:34 p.m. yesterday. Webby's message announcing the ingore button was posted at 11:16:00 p.m. yesterday. So, Stoob likely doesn't know that's an option.

Spup, perhaps? ;D

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

One person's ignoring me...it always seemed like so many more.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Nah ... it's 2! :D

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Man, I am building up enemies! Rock on!

7. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

I won't ignore you, IJAG.
    I just won't pay attention to what you say. :D

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

That's been the MO around here, Platy. :D

Question though: If you ignore someone, and they PM you, can you still see the PM? I know you can block people from sending PMs, so I guess you just do that for the people you ignore...but I didn't know if ignoring them was all-inclusive.

9. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i wonder if you can appeal the ignore declaration. if nothing else they should make it so you know who is ignoring you.

10. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I plan to ignore no one. But I'm wondering, if you put someone on ignore, is it irrevocable? We've had a few people who started out as trolls, calmed down and became good contributors. I've enjoyed watching them change into virtual humans and I wouldn't want to miss that.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You can reverse it by clicking unignore, but how would you know they've become a better poster if you're ignoring them?

Also, if you're ignoring someone and they're quoted by someone you're not ignoring, will the ignored person's post show up in the quote?

12. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Maybe I'll ignore Dr. J.

I do it at home anyway! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.