1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

IGNORE BUTTON!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by beefncheddar, May 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

My guess is there are two types of people on the board. The ones ignoring him and the ones who think he's a jackoff but aren't ignoring him... If they put the combined number in his profile, it would be in the thousands. Just saying. I won't ignore anyone, but it's tempting. Maybe if the number gets into the hundreds, he'll realize that it isn't everyone else, it's him.

2. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

I'm not going to ignore anyone either, but it's not even tempting. If I see that someone I don't care for has posted, I'll either A) read it out of pure curiosity or B) scroll right past it.

3. I've told the two people who I've ignored. And, trust me, I'm not ignoring because I'm thin-skinned. I've actually done it for the sake of the board. I'd love to rip into boots for being such an idiot but based on feedback I've been reading it's not doing the board any good. Sure, I can ignore without the button - I've done so for the last couple of weeks - but this makes it a little easier and it's sending the troll a message even if he's playing, acting or is really dumb.

4. boots

boots New Member

Which is exactly what I do. The problem I have is that 1, you don't know who is ignoring you and 2, those who ignore you continue to bring you up in conversation.

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

So.......is 30 the leader in the clubhouse for being ignored?

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Why don't we just ignore this fucking thread and move on?
    I'm about to make a rule - ignore who the hell you want and as many the hell as you want. But don't talk about it. Ignore talk is off limits. People want to count on their own and have PM klatches where they brag (but secretly fret), that's fine. Keep it off the board.
    Like the fight club in a way.

First rule of the ignore button. We don't talk about the ignore button.
    And with that, this is done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.