1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you're going to take a leak ... (A rant by MMSW)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Monday Morning Sportswriter, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

... don't do it at my business.

We had a horrible two days at our little summer business in the Adirondacks.

We had a grown man -- along with his parents -- tossing rocks at a $250K boat docked at the marina right off our parking lot. We had a 9-year-old trying to steal. We had someone trespassing on our dock, ignoring our insistance he get off (he was waiting for friends to pick him up). We had some Jet-Skiiers use our dock as a floating garbage can, leaving beer cans and cigarette butts.

To make things worse, a 3-year-old had an accident, treating one of the attractions here like it was his own personal toilet. We had to close it down and scrub, scrub and scrub, then rinse, rinse and rinse.

But that was just a prelude for our visitor yesterday.

A 30something man who apparently couldn't "hold it" decided to take a leak right there in front of everyone. I caught him in mid-zipper and told him he needed to "get out of here right now." He blew me off and started whizzing. I turned around, realized that there were two kids (and others) not 15 feet away watching him do his business (not to mention all of the folks at the marina, who could see). I called police as they all left in their tricked-out 20-year-old Caddy.

Turns out, police are fast. The sheriff's department, which I expected blow us off, sent out an APB, and 10 minutes later, State Police had him locked up. The barracks, by the way, are 10 minutes away, so they didn't waste any time.

Turns out the kids were his kids, spending one final weekend with him before they move to North Carolina with their mom. The grown-ups with them were his sister and her family. They were horrified.

Turns out, the kids spent the night without their daddy. Daddy ended up being the special overnight guest of the Schenectady Police Department, an hour away, after the state police learned he had an outstanding warrant for aggravated harassment. Last I knew, he's still there. He has yet to go before a judge to answer the lewd-act-in-front-of-a-minor charges -- and the others -- that are pending.

Bottom line: Don't piss me off. Or on my property.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You know, you could get a better clientelle if you had an ATM Machine...

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Now I know where the next SportsJournalists.com outing is going to be held...

Just make sure you have enough portable toilets...

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

A little off topic, but it fits in the general theory of the thread:
    Does anyone know why high school bathrooms don't have stall doors? I took shits in about 7 different schools last week and only one had a stall door and it didn't include a lock.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Maybe they're thinking on the same lines as this guy.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/43908/

6. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

rack him. brilliant

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The men's rooms at my high school had the same feature 25 years ago. Tougher to blaze up in the stall if there isn't a door.

8. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Don't be redundant, Slappy ;)

I will agree with the ATM sentiment...

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and this is yet another instance of why you are the slapinator.

clutch, clutch stuff, my man.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Yeah, I figured it was because of the drugs or the gay sex, but maybe they just don't want high school boys taking shits at school.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

MMSW, could you please come to my building and deal with whomever keeps clogging up the second stall on my floor with poop and paper?

12. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

I always figured that there was some high demand for toilet doors on the black market and, thus, students took screwdrivers to school.

Draft saved Draft deleted