1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you're Canadian and like music ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Herky_Jerky, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

Indeed. Why let facts get in the way of a discussion.

And your story makes me want to slap somebody.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Well put, Flash. And as much as I disliked Trooper's albums (although we did play Hot Shots to death one summer) they kicked some ass when I saw them live - with Goddo - a few years back.

3. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Well, I am begging you, please don't slap me....

I could offer you my friend or the DJ in question.... ;D

4. Flash

Flash Guest

Well, we've already established logic is not your strong suit, considering you believe Bryan Adams, with his pseudo-rock pop shit, was more innovative than Neil Young. So the only surprising moments I get from your posts is how much they make me want to bash my head against a wall in punishment for ever reading them.

5. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Keep on beating yourself up against a wall in punishment...can't blame me for you wanting to read my posts. ;D

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Oh, oh, cat fight, Canuckistan version. :)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Flash

Flash Guest

JR, it's more like this ...

[​IMG]

Now, I need to go brush my teeth.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I remember reading a review in Rolling Stone of an album by the Iron City Houserockers that went on and on about how they were a great band nobody knew outside of Pittsburgh and some east coast college towns and how Joe Grushecky was a budding Springsteen.

So I find the album - Have A Good Time But Get Out Alive - in the remainder bin of my local record store and with the exception of one song - "Pumpin' Iron" - it is fucking lame, nothing but warmed over bar band riffs and lyrics Springsteen would have gassed in high school. Didn't take me long to see why nobody gave a shit about them outside Pittsburgh.

9. And then, they listened to some Cowboy Junkies and everything was all better...

[​IMG]

10. Flash

Flash Guest

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You showing home pictures again, Flash? :)

12. Flash

Flash Guest

My dog would never ... for some reason, he likes to get humped.

NOTE: Not by me. By other dogs.

Draft saved Draft deleted