1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If You Were on the List

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Guy_Incognito, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

If you were one of the other 102 on the steroids list, and not someone who everyone assumes is guilty, what would you do? Would you sit tight, hope that it doesn't come out & deal with it when it does? Do you come out & hope for some love as the only honest man in sports (which you would almost certainly get)? Does it depend on whether you're still playing? Still using?

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If you were on a list of 102 guys being caught with a prostitute, would you sit tight and hope it doesn't come out and deal with it if and when it does or do you tell your family and friends and hope for some love?

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Sit tight and shut up. Neither MLBPA nor MLB is ever going to release the list. There was a confidentiality agreement.
    The lawyers who seem to be leaking names have their own agendas. Chances are "your name here" will never come out.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I wouldn't care, especially if I'm Joe Blow with no chance at the HOF. Nobody's going to care about my name being out there after a day, and after a week, nobody's going to remember it.

5. Guy_Incognito

And if you're a big namme?

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Clam up and stay clammed. If your name does come out, refuse to comment on an anonymous accusation.

7. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Never volunteer information, especially if it's going to make you look bad.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Wouldn't care either. I've got my millions and my cozy lifestyle and I honestly wonder how many of these guys care about the HOF. It'll all be blissful until taking horse steroids catches up to me and makes my 50s a living hell.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If you're a big namme, you have bigger probl....um, check that. I dunno. What is a "namme"?

10. Guy_Incognito

OK big shot. And problem has an E, not a U.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

it was an "um" after ellipses, not a continuation of the word. That is an absolute truth[/crossthreading]

12. Guy_Incognito

I know [/more absolute truth]

Draft saved Draft deleted