1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you were a travel agent advising a visitor from Australia

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Amy, Aug 19, 2012.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Please Come to Boston
    St. Louis Blues
    T.S.O.P. (The Sound of Philadelphia)
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Iowa Stubborn
    Memphis, Tennessee
    Rocky Mountain High
    El Paso
    It Never Rains in Southern California

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

My wife had a pen pal from Australia when she was in junior high, and about 15 years ago, out of the blue, he called. His wife had been going through some old boxes and found my wife's letters. The two of them came to the U.S. to see us in 2000, then he and their daughter came in 2002, then the whole family in 2006. My wife's gone over there once. They like seeing just whatever happens to be where we are when they come over. So they knocked around in the Southeast the first couple of times they came over, then the last time we did the whole Dallas-Fort Worth bit (including taking in a Cowboys game at the now-gone Texas Stadium). They're from Noosa, on the Sunshine Coast, so beaches etc. don't hold much appeal. I know they've visited Charleston, S.C., Chicago and Los Angeles. I don't think they've done New York.

Draft saved Draft deleted