1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you think Boise State's turf looks strange ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mpcincal, Jan 29, 2010.

1. House

House Member

I'm holding out for black turf ... cuz ... cuz ... black will make us look more intimidating!

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

So when the turf is sitting there for the next 15-20 years in all the elements will it fade and turn pink?

I think it looks cool in a little artists rendition of a picture, but that the idea is a lot cooler than what it will be when it is installed. Could be a total eyesore.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Love it.

There is a local high school out here that is converting to turf, and one more that needs to severely. Just thinking about black turf for the school that needs it;

Their primary colors are orange and black; Black turf, white numbers, orange end zones; That would look slick.

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

black would be cool

5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Not if the sun was out, it wouldn't.

6. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Dr. J wants Syracuse to go Orange. So to speak.

7. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Wonder how many fumbles will lay around uncovered because folks won't be able to see the football on the field.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

If that were the case, how many coaches would be trying to get their teams clad in red uniforms? And notice that no one is trying to clone uniforms from the Cleveland Browns, University of Wyoming or Bowling Green.

9. Petrie

Petrie Guest

...yet. ;)

10. House

House Member

How 'bout yellow? Or violet? Paging LSU ...

11. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

The more I see it, the more it kind of grows on me.

12. Petrie

Petrie Guest

TWSS :D

Draft saved Draft deleted