1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you mourned the loss of Peaches Geldof...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Dec 28, 2016.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

whatevs.

If the kid dies suddenly, like a car crash, or a lightning bolt, it doesn't register with me. If a kid has a long, drawn-out illness, where he/she looks so much different than their peers, and has time to realize that they won't live a full life, that gets me right *here*.

I read somewhere that Fisher did more blow than Belushi back in the day. Prince had more drugs in them than a NASDAQ pharmaceutical company when he died. They lived long, full lives. Its circle of life, Bitches.

That you're wrapped up in Prince's life - mazel tov. He, Debbie Reynolds, and Peaches Geldof don't mean anything to me. Sorry that offends you (or insert whatever word works that makes you feel you need to call me 'kind of a dick').

2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Nope, wasn't joking. Had no idea Unitas was muerto.

Guess I should keep a list next to my desk. Well, a list of people I am actually interested in.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You come off as a dick because you seem to pat yourself on the back for your sensitivity to generic kids who die but are dismissive of others who feel the same way about people who have achieved something while screwing up along the way like everyone else.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I can respect that!

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Did you ask his wife about what type of Parkinson's he had?

YankeeFan and poindexter like this.
  6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'll go with whatever Rush Limbaugh thinks. Lonnie is not a good source.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I think the fact that we'll always have a searchable tag for Peaches Geldof makes this thread worthy all on its own.

poindexter likes this.
  8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I still can't believe my comment from earlier this week on the Ali thread didn't get a single response.

Either I'm losing m fastball, or people are too caught up in grieving other celebrity deaths to have noticed.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

You give yourself too much credit

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

If you think 2016 sucked because Trump was elected and lots of famous people died, wait til you see 2017.

Trump will, you know, actually BE the president. And lots more very famous people will die, simply due to biology + math. The number of famous people increases exponentially every week, and has since the dawn of TV and the entertainment age in the 50s; therefore, there's no doubt plenty of "oh my God I can't believe (s)he died will be coming week after week after week for the rest of our lives.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Just wait until the YouTube stars start kicking.
    Imagine the weeping and gnashing of teeth when Keyboard Cat or the Chocolate Rain guy dies.

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Keyboard Cat has been dead for 29 years.

Draft saved Draft deleted