1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you liked having a conversation about race with your barista, you'll love this

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Mar 18, 2015.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Beauty Tips for Girls, From Lego

My 7-year-old wants to know if she has an oval face. Why? Because “oval faces can often have almost any style haircut because almost everything looks great on this face shape!” Her sudden concern with her hairstyle “looking great” comes courtesy of her new Lego Club Magazine, which included “Emma’s Beauty Tips” in the March-April 2015 Lego Club Magazine.

She is 7. My little girl, the shape of her face, and whether her haircut is flattering are none of Lego’s concern. It wasn’t even her concern until a toy magazine told her to start worrying about it.

nyti.ms/1xdlIEG

2. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

3. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Actually after reading the column....this sounds more like the mom talking than the child. My daughter is nine, plays with Lego friends like crazy, and has never once read a magazine article and acted like this.

Draft saved Draft deleted