1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you, like me, are not watching the Empty Vee Muzak Awards, here's what...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Followed with cut to Richard Haas to talk about Syria.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

It just seems like that's the whole point of the show. Why not make it about the awards? Would that be too boring?

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

If she had danced the lambada on Dancing with The Stars would
    would their be the same public outcry?

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Yes. If anyone were to host an actual awards show for music videos today, it'd be Vimeo/YouTube.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I honestly don't know what the point of the show is. I didn't even know until this morning that there exists a person named Robin Thicke, and that he apparently had THE hit of the summer.

But, I seriously doubt they were looking for "Look at how fucked up this is" type of attention.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I wonder how many of these pundits (here and elsewhere) complaining about the sexually overt display from Miley Cyrus have seen the NSFW version of the "Blurred Lines" video. If you're going to be all angry, shouldn't he be the target as much or more than Cyrus?

Emily Ratajkowski, the principle model in the video, humps Thicke while wearing nothing but panties and struts in front of a wall painted to say "ROBIN THICKE HAS A BIG DICK" in the video. She's seven months older than Cyrus.

Is it OK because she looked good while doing it?

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Actually, this pic was shown after the first time the whole family had seen "After Earth" in full, together.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

It's almost as if people have high expectations for entertainment that airs on MTV. You'd think that would be beaten out of them by now.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Why in the world would you imagine I had ever seen or heard one second of material produced by Robin Thicke?

10. Key

Key Well-Known Member

I'm guessing it's okay because she wasn't Hannah Montana.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I really do think this plays a larger role than I originally thought. My coworker, who has a 7-year-old daughter, said it was one of the most disturbing things he's seen. This morning, while getting ready for work/school, they had Morning Joe on when they started discussing that. His daughter said "Oh look, it's Miley" and coworker's wife almost hurt herself sprinting over to turn it off.

I think there is a remnant of "she was that girl" that colors perception of everything she does.

12. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I thought that the Badlands were in South Dakota.

Draft saved Draft deleted