1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you, like me, are not watching the Empty Vee Muzak Awards, here's what...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, Aug 25, 2013.

1. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Miley gives the impression she thinks she's got the white-girl monopoly on twerking. It's a weird vibe.

2. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

It sounds like no one thought that performance was ... pretty cool

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It looks like one of those photos they sell when you get off Space Mountain.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I would say that's the widespead consensus among non-morons.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I bet Boots appreciated the performance.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Miley's a good whore and an even better skank.

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

OK, but is she a bad dancer?

8. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I was talking about the non-twerking portion. She looks robotic and offbeat.

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Does the fact that we're talking about it mean it was a success?

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Mika Brzezinski meltdown:

“I think that was really, really disturbing. That young lady, who is 20, is obviously deeply troubled, deeply disturbed, clearly has confidence issues, probably eating disorder and I don’t think anybody should have put her on stage. That was disgusting and embarrassing … That was not attractive. That was not fun. That was not funny. That was really, really bad for anybody who’s younger and impressionable and she’s really messed up … The whole thing was cringe worthy but I feel bad for her. She is a mess. Someone needs to take care of her. Someone needs not to put her on stage and make a complete fool of herself.”

http://www.buzzfeed.com/dorsey/mika-brzezinski-pathetic-disgusting-miley-cyrus-has-an-eatin

11. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Weren't they saying the same stuff about Madonna 30 years ago, when she was sprawled across the stage in a wedding dress? MTV does what it does for ratings, and they got them. If people have a huge issue with this, don't watch. Oh, and for anyone talking about how this was bad for "impressionable children," maybe your kids shouldn't be up at 10 p.m. on what, for many, was a school night. Just a thought.

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Sure, if the goal was widespread ridicule.

Draft saved Draft deleted