1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

if you know any Italian...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by writing irish, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

In Czech, it's dobre' hoot. I'm sure that spelling's not correct, but that's what it sounds like.

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Colcannan is quite tasty, and Peroni's not a bad lager.

But generally speaking, leave the cooking to the Italians, leave the brewing to the Irish, and all us papists will be just fine.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

And we'll all be eating McDonald's fish sandwiches on Friday.

4. writing irish

I'll take the pork-free version of paella as far as Catholic lenten grub goes. I'm on a Mediterranean food kick these days since I've decided that I need to learn to cook more than just Mexican.

Anyone have any favorite brand of herbs de provence? I'm on a quest for the perfect mix of herbs de provence.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Peroni is awful. The dagos cannot make beer.
    Brewing beer should left to people who live above the butter line. If you cook with olive oil instead butter or lard, you can't make beer.
    Look it up.

6. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Unless you forget. ;)

Boy, do I love Catholicism.

7. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Peroni is the equivalent of Budweiser to those of Italian descent. We opt for Moretti instead.

8. writing irish

Not all Mediterranean beer sucks. Cruzcampo goes quite well with paella, por ejemplo. But yes, the colder countries are indeed superior brewers.

9. Fuck me, Lent's starting? Goddammit!

Draft saved Draft deleted