1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you have a moment for some good thoughts, please send them my way

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by old_tony, Jun 10, 2008.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

More sandbags! More sandbags!

Seriously....stay safe O_T.

2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Damn, I had a feeling that dam might affect you, o_t. Hope your place stays safe.

Let me know if you need any help.

Without getting into cause/effect, this is the worst year for shitty weather, by far, that I can remember ... and it's only June.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Prayers on the way for everyone to stay dry.

4. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I'm certainly hoping for the best regarding everyone involved.

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

More storms forecasted for Thursday afternoon and evening.

This is not good.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Hang in there, T.

7. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I grew up in a house just 100 yards or so from a river and I'm all too familiar with floods. It's a helpless feeling, watching the water rise and know there's next to nothing you can do except move whatever you can to higher ground and hope it stops soon. It's heartbreaking to watch those homes in Wisconsin simply get carried away as though they were toys. For whatever it's worth, my thoughts are with all those in the Midwest going through this.

8. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Tony, how you doin'? Too many posts for my liking between here and your last update.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

UPDATE: So far, the dam is holding. According to a press conference this morning, the dam is working as it should and the compromised ground around it is holding. Water levels at the dam were 1 1/2 inches down from yesterday.

I just got a phone call that the governor was at the site and there seems to be strong hope that the dam will hold.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. The people here are top-notch.

Let's keep these good thoughts going for Zeke, too. In fact, Zeke, if you're out there let us know how you're doing.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I hope you guys remain OK.

Flooding is no fun, no fun at all.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I am not yet evacuated and at work. But my 10-minute commute took an hour and a half, and the bridges are closing about now.

I'm supposed to fly out of here in the morning.

D-III, if you're out there, check in as well.

And thanks to everyone for all the good thoughts and prayers.

It's much appreciated.

12. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I've experienced flooding, and it sucks and there's nothing really you can do about it except at the margins.

So all good wishes to everyone in harm's way.

Draft saved Draft deleted