1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you have a moment for some good thoughts, please send them my way

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by old_tony, Jun 10, 2008.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Sorry about your troubles, too. Rain sucks.

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I sure could use some of this newfangled global warming here.

3. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

Tony, Zeke, let me add my prayers to the list. God be with you and your families.

4. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I told GWB to send the storm in a different direction. I guess he still cannot tell his left from his other left.

But I'm with you guys and anyone else being flooded.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

UPDATE: A friend has sent me a link to a newspaper story where my town's police chief says “We don’t expect it will be a major problem, according to the DNR (state Department of Natural Resources), but we could find ourselves with some flooding" about a mile from my house.

That is very encouraging, but I'll be nervous until it either hits or the threat is entirely past. And it won't hurt to move the valuable stuff like guitars and such upstairs.

6. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Those of you who sent spiritual support my way during the November wildfires, it's coming back to you right now. Hang in there, friends.

7. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Too bad we couldn't have sent you some of this freakin' water back then.

8. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Good luck Tony and Zeke.

9. o_t, if you don't mind answering, are you in Wisconsin? No problem if you'd rather not answer.

My heart aches for what people are going through in my state right now. I don't know if there was a thread on this, but Lake Delton in the Wisconsin Dells is no more because it flooded the dam and emptied into rivers. Tommy Bartlett show? Bye-bye. The 'lake' is just a huge pit of mud now.

Over in western Wisconsin, a charming little town called "Gays Mills" (Don't you dare.) may be on the verge of being wiped off the map. The town was hit hard by a massive flood last summer, and it seemed like people were just getting back on their feet when this week's rains drowned them again. 3 feet of water in houses and businesses. People might not clean up/rebuild this time. They may just leave.
    The town's mayor, I think it was, was asked if this would be the end of the town, and he said "It might be."

Sucks a lot.
    Wherever you are, o_t, all the best. Hope you and yours stay (relatively) dry.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Good luck Tony and Zeke. Please be careful.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

prayers are with both you guys. i have a friend who went through the flooding in indiana and he said it was a nightmare. be safe.

12. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

Thoughts and prayers to all.

Draft saved Draft deleted