1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you had $100 in gift cards for Circuit City ....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by novelist_wannabe, Jul 18, 2006.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

What would you buy?

2. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

CompactFlash cards. They're cheaper than ever, and you can use them as quick computer backup when they're not full of photos. You can never have too many CF cards.

3. novelist_wannabe

A little more disclosure: I'm looking for suggestions. seriously. I'll probably put a little of my own money with it this weekend and spend it, but I'm curious what some of you guys would do.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

Any DVDs you want to get? Do you own Band of Brothers?

5. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

Well I wasn't really kidding with my suggestion. Sorry.

How much more might you put with it? Match the value of the cards? That might help the suggestions.

6. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

seven copies of Roadhouse II

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Might help us a little better if you gave us a little more on what your looking for. If you dont have a digital camera or mp3 player, a storage card wont be much help, for example...

8. novelist_wannabe

Well, my cam is busted so a replacement isn't out of the question. If I can get one that uses the same memory card, that'd be cool. CR, I knew you weren't joking. Sorry it came off that way.

Went in there tonight and wandered around with no plan. Almost bought Clerks, but other than that I was completely underwhelmed. I might put another $50 of my own money with it. Anyway, just thought some suggestions might spark an interest somewhere. We can cross Roadhouse II off the list. They had Blazing Saddles for $10, though ...

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Keep your eyes open.. Blazing Saddles at 10 is too much...
    The memory card got me thinking; checked out ebay and bought a 512 mg sd card for less than 20 bucks...
    Since your camera is broken, put the 100 bones toward that.. Did something similar when I got mine a few years ago...

10. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

How about whatever it is YOU want, need or feel like buying, rather than what someone else suggests.

12. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

As many sets of Seinfeld on DVD as I could get for $100.

Draft saved Draft deleted