1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you could win one sports trophy......

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by schiezainc, Jun 12, 2009.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Double J, I would rather be the greatest golfer in the world for one week than the third line right wing of a Stanley Cup champion.

Plus, I would be invited back to Augusta every year for the rest of my life.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

And you're always a Stanley Cup champion, too. It can't ever be taken away from you.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

This one would be nice too.....the Mann Cup, awarded every year to the Canadian Senior A lacrosse champions. It's made of solid gold.

[​IMG]

In the Shanahan family of Mimico, Ontario (hi JR and HC!!), they think it's awesome that Brendan Shanahan has won three Stanley Cups and an Olympic gold medal, among other accomplishments. I can assure you it's an equal source of pride to them that Brian Shanahan, one of his older brothers, won five Mann Cups.

That's not Brian in the picture, by the way - it's just the best colour picture I could find of the trophy.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

And it currently property of the mighty Brampton Excelsiors!

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Team division: World Cup

Solo division: British Open (at St. Andrew's)

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I will say it is a sad statement on boxing that the heavyweight belt has not been mentioned yet.

7. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Change the title of the thread to "If you could BE one sports trophy....."

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

There's a great photo on the back wall aka The Shrine of the Goose of Brendan & Brian in their parent's back yard. Brendan's holding the Stanley Cup and Brian's holding the Mann Cup.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

The Heisman would be an awesome trophy to win.

Close second would be the Stanley Cup because you would get your name on it.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

That one NEVER gets old. :)

12. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Damn, I was just coming here to post that.

Draft saved Draft deleted