1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you could travel back in time and change one event (in your life) ... ?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, that's a good one.
    I wish I had taken formal music lessons and stuck with them in my youth.

I wish I had convinced my college band to make a real attempt after college.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I also wish I had gone into veterinary medicine instead of journalism. I was at a good school for it.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If I could do the career thing over again, I'd be a dentist.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'm fine. Thanks. Rainy blah'sy Friday in Vermont.

Music-wise, I would have learned to play the piano and/or guitar at a young age.

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

This.

6. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

mid-80's, my dad is asked by his school to start teaching a computer class. He brings home a Commodore 64 over the summer to familiarize himself with. I played around with it (there were a couple of games that came with it) but I wish I had sat down and started taking an interest in programming. Even though I can use a computer, I feel completely illiterate when talking to a few friends of mine who do coding and IT work. Who knows, maybe I'd have come up with some awesome program and I'd be financially set by now.
    Or just go back about 10 years and buy shares of Apple at $14 (It's over $500 now)
    Or go back to March 1997 and put $1000 on the Marlins to win the World Series at 25-1

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

You only get one father in this world.
    In all seriousness, I hope the two of you can make it right.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It won't happen and I'm fine with that. Don't get me wrong, it took me a long time to be fine with it, but there are some people in this world who are toxic to everyone they come into contact with. My father falls into that category. People are less sympathetic because he's not a drunk and he didn't beat me, but given the opportunity he would do whatever he could to make my life miserable.

Aside from him, my life is great. I have nothing to complain about. I am truly blessed. :D

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I wish I could back in time and not order the chicken caesar salad for lunch today.

10. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Oh, I have plenty of regrets along the lines of wishing I would have said something or not said something to someone, etc. There are day to day things I wish I'd done differently, things for which I still pray for forgiveness, but I wouldn't change anything that would put me somewhere other than where I am.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

But it's a circular argument.
    You can't change anything, so worrying about the possible repercussions of the change you can't make is seems crazy to me.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That was the premise. You can change anything, but you have to live with the results of making that change.

Draft saved Draft deleted