1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you could switch, what would you do?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SixToe, Aug 15, 2007.

1. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Tech-nerd stuff for the average joe.

One day a column about myspace, the next about the iPhone, etc

2. healingman

healingman Guest

I'd take on the UFC/MMA beat.

And yeah ... should there be space and interest, I'd do an occasional pro rasslin' column. Just so I could put a chair shot on Vince McMahon's head in words.

3. DKIA

DKIA Member

I'd love to be a beer reviewer. Would gladly put in overtime for that gig.

4. Mooninite

Mooninite Member

I'd edit our paper's editorial page. Write an editorial a day, layout the page and be home by 5:15 p.m. each day. No bullshit from parents and no 12-plus hour days in August working on the football tab.

5. If you don't catch bullshit doing the editorial page, then you're probably not doing a good job.

6. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I guess, staying in shop, I'd be our college hockey beat writer. It's the only beat we travel for, at least for more than the state tourny, and I'd get to see my brother on the ND trip and actually get to see friends and family on the OSU/Mich trips.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

god, you'd think.

8. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

While I like covering sports, if given the chance I would do Canadian politics without a doubt. I find our political structure exciting and interesting. All the backroom politicking is unreal here in Canada. There are so many stories that come out of Parliament Hill. The Press Gallery is unreal too. The characters on the Hill and the system dynamics make it worthwhile to cover.

9. Video game reviewer or sports media columnist. One, you get paid to play video games and see what they are all about. The other, you get to sit your ass on the couch, rewind your TIVO all day and criticize people usually for no good reason. Talk about stealing.

Draft saved Draft deleted