1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you could have played for any team.......

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ashy Larry, Jan 24, 2009.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

You know, being a member of D-X in its prime wouldn't have been too shabby either. Although, if we're talking about being able to sub in for anyone as part of a team, I would take Jim the Anvil Neighart's (sp*) place and tag team with Bret Hart as part of the Hart foundation. That would be sweet.

Oh, and I'd love to be a member of any recent BCS title game winning team. I'd run up, grab the trophy and wipe my ass with it and/or smash it. When later interviewed by ESPN I would say that I love my team, am glad we're champions but will not participate in this fraudulent bull crap system of "picking" a champion.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Neidhart. And I could see being a pro wrestler and donning the mask, so I could do any old thing and not have it tied to me.

3. Petrie

Petrie Guest

[​IMG]

Dools is in the best shape of his career prior to his title match with La Parka.

(for those who are unfamiliar with the great La Parka, and those who are :D)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Petrie

Petrie Guest

You could've been the Little Giants quarterback and ended up with this one:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I'm sure this will come as no surprise to most . . .

Although he denies saying it, Glen Sather was quoted as saying "Playing on the same line with Wayne Gretzky a fire hydrant could score 40 goals."
    I would like to be that fire hydrant. To be one of the 'Boys on the Bus' with the Oilers in the early '80s. Taking the Stanley Cup to the strippers in celebration. Good times.

Second to that would to be on the 89-90 Oilers cup winning team -- my first real vivid hockey experience. That team is what got me hooked on the game.

After that would to be on the 1951-52 Red Wings, watching Sawchuk's mastery, sweeping the playoffs, allowing five goals in eight games. To play with the production line, to be emerced in that time and era.

6. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

2004 Red Sox, 1986 Celtics, 90s Bulls.

7. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

The 1977 New York Cosmos. Receive a pass from Franz Beckenbauer, and then knock a pass to Pele. Wow.

8. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I know I am going to get shit for this but, fuck it, here is my pick:

[​IMG]

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'll catch some hell for this one, too, Ross.

[​IMG]

10. [​IMG]

I rented several similar tuxedos during that period.
    If not them, then the 1958 Habitants. The Rokcet, le Gros Bill, et moi.

11. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

We've been through the 1980 and 1972 thing before. But, just for the hell of it, here's Bobby Clarke

The good news is that after years of trying, Tretiak has conviced the powers that be to play another series. He will coach the Dirty Commies and Phil Esposito will lead the Canucks. Because of my 'love' for Phil I will be rooting for the Dirty Commies.

The series is scheduled to be played in Nashville.

12. John

John Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Georgia during the Herschel years, just to get to see him run every day.

Draft saved Draft deleted