1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you could have played for any team.......

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ashy Larry, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I would want to play for team that did what no one else had ever done ... a team that made history that won't ever touched ...

[​IMG]

2. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Early 70s Ajax (it's a club soccer team from the Netherlands). The team revolutionized the sport and scored massive amounts of goals.

Second...1950 USA soccer team which beat England 1-0 in the World Cup. Greatest and most humiliating win over the Brits since the revolution.

Back in America, I love me some Cleveland teams, but hell no would I want to be on those teams that blew it.

3. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Forget the coach's daughter man. I'd have been knee-deep in Lyla Garrity. She's so hot just looking at her gives me a sunburn.

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

So in other words, you wouldn't want to be on any Cleveland team.

5. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

...... I would have played for the Tecmo Bowl Raiders.

6. Petrie

Petrie Guest

I don't know, man...we *are* talking Riggins' sloppy seconds here. That also unfortunately rules Tyra out. Fuck it...I would've just boned my rally girl like I owned her ;)

Also on the topic of 'fiction', being a main-event to mid-card member of the nWo in about 1997-98 would've been cool. Even if you were a bum, you got plenty of face time and the WCW guys had to job to you.

As for real life, I'd love to be a third-string quarterback on almost any NFL team. Just show up for practice, pray the top two guys don't get hurt and watch the dough roll in.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Aside from the 70s Steelers and 80 Olympic hockey team, I'd take 2007 Barnsley FC.

Barnsley, a team in the second-tier team of the English soccer system, beat Liverpool and Chelsea in the FA Cup.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

for the sweet love of piss.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You have something against plucky underdogs?

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'm not going to answer that. i'm afraid you guys will ban me from the soccer thread ... again.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

for the 1990 Bills in place of Scott Norwood, and I'd nail that sucker right down the middle.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Patches O'Houlihan and Lance Armstrong would be proud.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted