1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you could have played for any team.......

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ashy Larry, Jan 24, 2009.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I don't think you quite understood what I did there.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

mid-70s Oakland Raiders, I actually liked the team in 74 and 75, more than the one that one Super Bowl XI (no Blanda). Fun to hang out with Otis Sistrunk, the Snake, et. al.
    In the fiction department, easily the Miami Bucks from Semi-Tough or maybe the Carver High (whatever they weres) for Coach Reeves, preferably the second season.

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

The mid-80s Mets?

Cocaine is a helluva drug.

5. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I am a Red Sox fan through-and-through, but this is the team I would have loved to be on: The '71 Pirates.

Clemente, Stargell, Sanguillen, Ellis, Blass...what a group. You could learn a lot from any number of those players, including the ones I didn't list. Hell, I'd love to spend an afternoon talking with Vic Davalillo about the drag bunt, which he did so well.

And I'll second the opener of this thread. I would have loved to laced 'em up and played on the same line with Orr, Bucyk, McKenzie, Sanderson, Marcotte, Smith and Esposito, to name a few.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

[​IMG]

"I love you guys."

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

'80 U.S. Hockey club goes without saying, really.

As a Lakers fan from the Showtime era (wouldn't give a bucket of spit for the current config), I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but I'd would have loved to have been teammates with Larry Joe Bird, McHale, Parrish, Ainge, DJ. They owned that town.

And because I'm a masochistic Cleveland fan, would have loved to been with the Browns in the mid-80's and the Indians in the mid-90's.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

You know tomas, that is MY team. But we mght let you in the dugout.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

look, dog, i'm the podres of that team.

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

All of my top choices have been taken, so ...

[​IMG]

11. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

If I could be one player on one team in one moment, it would be Mike Jones from the 1999-2000 STL Rams, stopping Kevin Dyson inches short of the goal line in SB XXXIV.

If I could be on one real team, it would have to be the 1995-1996 Chicago Bulls. 72-10, man? Come on. Seriously?

If I could be on one sports team ever, it would be either as a member of the Little Giants (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Giants) or the Dillon Panthers in Season One of the Friday Night Lights TV show.

12. Petrie

Petrie Guest

I think I could've beaten Matt Saracen for the QB job...and the coach's daughter :D

Draft saved Draft deleted