1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you could have played for any team.......

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ashy Larry, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

1. 1969 Mets. One of the most unbelievable runs in sports history. It would have been a lot of fun.

2. 1955 Brooklyn Dodgers. To finally win a Series for a long-suffering population

3. The Four Horsemen (wrestling version) with the Flair/Anderson/Windham/Blanchard version of the group. Maybe I could be a bodyguard for J.J. Dillon, or something.

4. Late 1930s Yankees. I'd like to think I would have been a smart, hustling ballplayer. Not a big star, but the type of player that Joe McCarthy would have appreciated.

5. 1920s Yankees. Would have been cool to play with the Babe.

6. The Washington Generals (or whatever they're called today). I wouldn't mind being the butt of the Globetrotters' jokes, for at least one game, to make thousands of people laugh.

2. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Baron just wants to ride Space Mountain :D

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Damn near Ball State's bitches. So, so close.

I wish I could be Ron Turcotte during the 1973 Triple Crown so I could experience what this was like ...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Nah, not my type, not that there's anything wrong with that.

There were tons of women hanging out with the Horsemen, so that would have been a nice perk of the job.

5. Petrie

Petrie Guest

You're definitely right there...

[​IMG]

WOOOOOOOOOO!

Draft saved Draft deleted