1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you could attend one fake sports event...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Jan 15, 2009.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The yearly "Olympiad" held between Camp North Star and Camp Mohawk with a focus on Larry versus "the Stomach" and Rudy the Rabbit, trained by Tripper, in the cross country final.

2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Awesome. I've seen a number of four-touchdown games, though. I'm not sure I would be able to appreciate it for what it is, not knowing it's Al Bundy, and all.

3. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

The Denslow Cup. Go Beers.

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

George Constanza bowls over Bette Midler at home plate.

5. Faithless

Faithless Member

Any game featuring Gus, the field goal kicking mule.

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Mr. Ed playing for the Dodgers under the tutelage of Leo Durocher.
    Or was it Herman Munster?
    Didn't they both have tryouts?

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I'd go with the last game in North Dallas Forty when the extra point goes haywire, but I already saw that happen a few years ago in Seattle.

However, that game would've been fantastic to see.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I woulda loved to have seen Uncle Rico throw that football over the mountain.

9. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I've got a couple for this list.

First, the ones already mentioned: Seeing the fight at the end of Rocky II would be amazing but I don't know if it would spur the same emotion for me without the theme music.

Also, I'd love to see the championship game of Baseketball, if for nothing more than to see the thing played out.

Now for some I didn't see here.

How about the championship game from Mighty Ducks? I can't recall much about the game (It's been years since I've seen it) but I would love to see the Flying V and Fulton Reed's slap shot live and in person.

Oh, and the football game in Starship Troopers? That would be sweet as well.

As for things I would have loved to cover....how about the game in Space Jam with Jordan and the Looney Tunes? That would have been freaking crazy.

One last note....to the person who mentioned WrestleMania. I went three years ago and had freaking amazing seats (Seventh row behind the commentator's table). That, my friend, is an event to see in person.

10. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Babe winning the sheep herding contest as "Pig."

The replacement Washington Sentinels beating Dallas.

11. Chicken dinners all around!
    "You know, Les, a lot of great players have played right field."

12. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Well, clearly there was plenty of room in the stands that night.

Draft saved Draft deleted