1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you could attend one fake sports event...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Jan 15, 2009.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I hear it's rigged this year.

http://www.televisiontunes.com/Simpsons_-_Softball_Ending_(The).html

2. Colonel Angus

Colonel Angus Member

Wrestlemania ... what? Oh, never mind -- you're talking about fake events, not fake sports.

3. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

You know what would be fun to cover as a sporting event, with a press conference and everything?
    The Road Rules/Real World Challenges. I would just love to analyze things that happened and ask questions live.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

The Quidditch World Cup.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Even better - the WKRP vs WPIG softball game with The Big Guy speed-walking his inside-the-park homer and Les Nessman making the game-ending catch.

6. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

The championship game in Wildcats when Finch blocks the kick and Central beats Prescott. Actually, I'd love to attend that entire Central season -- and the studio session afterward.

7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

DAMNIT! I got to page three and had my hopes up that nobody beat me to it! :D

8. Dignan

Dignan Guest

Woulda been cool to see Leo Farnsworth's tryout with the Rams.

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Carver High vs. "a bunch of guys down at the carwash" AKA The Harlem Globetrotters.

11. Hickory vs. South Bend Central.
    So I could heckle that idiot, Norman Dale, for almost overcoaching the last shot.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Crash Davis homers and Nuke LaLoosh walks 18, whiffs 18, and hits the sportswriter, the public address announcer, the bull mascot twice in his first professional win for the Durham Bulls.

He tells me it feels not just out there, but OUT THERE.

Armed with this knowledge ahead of time, I file early and nail Millie in the clubhouse.

Draft saved Draft deleted