1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you could attend one fake sports event...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Would Creed-Balboa I or II have been better?
    Going in, the first fight was just the champ having an easy fight against some palooka. It's a great developing story, and if you're the Philly media it's a phenomenal story.
    The second, though, had some build up and hype, plus that incredible ending and even a little controversy. I've seen that movie a couple dozen times, and I'm still not 100 percent sure Rocky beat the 10-count at the end.

2. Hickory High's win against Jasper in the Regional Final...the game where Ollie made the big free throws.

Of course, I'd hope my seats weren't behind the wooden backboards near the band. I'd like to at least see the free throws go through.

3. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

Clay-Liston Lewiston, Maine.

I want to sit next to Jimmy Cannon and see the punch.

4. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I'll have to think about a single game, but the entire season from "Little Big League" or "Rookie of the Year" would be something.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Does Simmons mention "Teen Wolf" in every freaking column?

6. Colton

Colton Active Member

Bingo! My choice, too... II. The best theatrical bout these eyes have seen. Creed beat his ass in every way possible and had the fight won -- "All he has to do was stay away and he retains the title," to quote Stu Nahan at ringside. But his pride was more important than the outcome. Love the concept.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Rocky-Drago in Rocky IV. To view a fight behind the Iron Curtain in which you have the heavyweight champion of the world against a guy who killed his only professional opponent.

8. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Unless you're talking about II or III — neither of which I'm familiar — the Indians merely made the playoffs. And they had to throw their two aces in the one-game playoff to get there ... no way they made it to the Series that year.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

When Thornton Melon hits the triple-lindy in "Back to School?"

"Hey, Melon! Get your suit on! We need ya!"

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

They didn't. In ML II, we find out that they lost in the ALCS to the White Sox.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Whatever. I haven't been awake long enough.

Note: I need to get Major League on DVD. VHS ain't cutting it any more.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The marathon pool game between Gleason and Newman would have been pretty cool.

For Hoosiers, how about covering the game where Coach Dale played with four players?

Draft saved Draft deleted