1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you blame Miami for the brawl, you're a racist bigot!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pringle, Oct 17, 2006.

1. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

I think my favorite part of the whole post-fight reaction was Dan Patrick, on his radio show, blasting Lamar Thomas' comments on the broadcast, reciting his criminal background and said "How did this guy get a job in broadcasting?" — and then have a lovefest for the next 20 minutes with known coke fiend Michael Irvin.

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Rhoden needs to take off the glasses. The Ivies usually don't brawl, unless if its with law books and philosophy. Miami uses guns and helmets.

JB, thanks for pointing that out with America's favorite suck-up. How is it that Patrick can blast Cuban to his face, then kiss up behind his back; poor-mouth Bobby Knight, then do a bj on him, and now this.

Truly fucking amazing.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Uh, the UM-FIU game wasn't televised either. Comcast was taping it for replay beginning Sunday in the South markets. The video of the fight was available that night because of the live feed. But the game wasn't on live TV.
    That said, Rhoden and the others who bring up Holy Cross-Dartmouth are full of shit. Those two schools hardly have the rap sheet Miami does, and those two schools haven't won five national championships. That's what made UM news and Holy Cross-Dartmouth not news.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

For a long time, Patrick has had problems with Cosell's "jockocracy" making incursions into his profession. It's not unlike the wrath that was visited on Nick Lachey for scribbling that Cincinnati basketball column a year ago.

And the academic wars between the Ivies are far nastier (and thus more entertaining) than that Miami-FIU sandbox pussyfest.

5. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

The game was live as part of the ESPN GAMEPLAN.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Okay, pay for view. But still less viewers than network or ESPN.

And by the way, stereotypes become so for good reasons. Calling something a stereotype doesn't make it untrue. UM is stereotyped as a thug school, which it is, and richly deserving of the title. Holy Cross and Dartmouth are not stereotypical of the type of schools that regularly engage in brawls.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I don't have a dog in this fight because I don't care about U.S college football but I just saw a clip of this with the announcer cheering on the thuggery.

Just out of curiosity (and my apologies if this has been already posted) but what's up with that? Who was that guy?

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

He's an all-around shit who has a rap sheet longer than the nine miles between Coral Gables and FIU's campus.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

On that, we will agree to vehemently disagree because some of us remember Lillehammer

And this morning on TSR, Screamin A ripped Donna Shalala for being too soft on Miami, how she shouold have suspended more players indefinitely

10. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Another Miami apologist, Len Shapiro:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/24/AR2006102400498.html

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Don't know about you but Miami-FIU was on live TV at my house courtesy of ESPN Gameplan. I watched a few minutes of it when I was flipping around between about seven different games that night. Missed the fight though.

12. What problem does he have with it?
    Has he looked around the studios in Bristol any time in the past 20 years?

Draft saved Draft deleted