1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If we destroy the world, the cockroaches will get seeds to start over

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080224/sc_afp/norwayarcticenvironmentwarmingcrops

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Yawn, how do you feel about the principles contained in Leviticus 25:23-24, Ezekiel 34:2-4, Ezekiel 34:17-18, Genesis 9:8-9 and Genesis 9:12-13?

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well, if you watch one of the "Earth after man" shows on Discovery or the Science Channel, you'd know cockroaches won't do well once mankind is gone. Since they are a tropical insect, once central heat disappears the first freeze will wipe them out.

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Hey, I wasn't making fun of it...it's probably a smart move unless, that is, in the scenario we ultimately reach for those, there isn't anyone to reach because we've obliterated the planet. In that case, cockroaches are the odds-on favorites to survive a "nuc-u-lar" holocaust. Hell, I take seeds from seeds in my own garden, so I appreciate horticulture and a full stomach as much as anyone.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Keith Richards will still be around to keep the fire going.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

So then the world will be down to only seeds and stems?

Draft saved Draft deleted