1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If we could get one famous person back, who would it be?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

James Melroy

2. dmc

dmc Guest

Princess Diana, because she was so global, and I think she would have done so much as an ambassador type person. She certainly had her faults, but I think in the big picture she would have contributed a lot to this world.

3. Jim Varney. Yup Earnest.
    Why the hell not after reading some of the responses on this thread.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I know what ya mean, Vern!

5. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Yes. We only got a small sample of his creative palette.

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

What might have happened to baseball if Bart Giamatti had not passed away?

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

outing alert: claws is pete rose. :)

8. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Dumbledore (I just finished re-reading Harry 6 in advance of the movie release.)

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Sports - Lou Gehrig or Roberto Clemente (just to see how many more productive years they would have had if not for illness or plane crash)

Music - Buddy Holly, Sam Cooke, John Lennon

Politics/Civil Rights - MLK (to see what would have happened had he not died what would the impact of no race riots been on the civil rights movement?)
    JKF (to see what policies he would have enacted in the last years of the first term. If he had been elected to a second term, would LBJ have run for president in '68? If LBJ won in '68 and ran and won re-election in '72, would the door have been open for RFK in '76 to be a two-term president? How different would the country have been with no Watergate?)
    RFK (ignoring the above hypothetical with JFK, if RFK had lived and become president in '68 and won re-election in '72, how different would the country's policies - domestic and foreign - be today as a result of what happened then?)

10. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I have to admit as far as sports goes I would love to see what Len Bias would have done.

11. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Besides six lines of coke?

12. RossLT

RossLT Guest

That was uncalled for :)

From what I have heard and read about him, the guy was an amazing player, I would have liked to have seen how he would have done in the NBA.

Draft saved Draft deleted